Friday 14 December 2012

5 Relationship Tips From a Guy Who Has No Right To Give Relationship Tips


Let me start out by letting you all know that I couldn't be any LESS qualified to write a blog about relationships, but if you're here for legit advice, that's your own fault, not mine. I'm already preparing myself for a life of answering the question of "Uncle Dean, how come you don't have a wife and kids?", so this is gonna be rough.

On that note, here we go!

1. Date someone you're attracted to
Yeah, I said it, and no, this doesn't make you shallow! Romantic relationships are supposed to be with someone you're attracted to! I have plenty of amazing people in my life that I'm not attracted to, and they're called THE GUYS. If we're dating and I look at you like I look at them, things are going to get REALLY weird REALLY fast. 

2. Don't talk about how hot other people are
This seems obvious, but it's not. Girls have self esteem issues because of the fake perfection projected in the media. We all know that, but guys don't have it so easy either! I don't see guys ranting and raving about their Boy's Night where they went and saw a movie about strippers or reading books like "50 Shades of Magic Mike and Gross Stuff" or whatever the heck it's called. I know it's not that big a deal, but hearing people in relationships talk about how hot some celebrity or whoever is weirds me out. Think it, say it to your bros/gals, but your boyfriend or girlfriend is not the person to talk to about that. Tell your significant other that they're hot and you are attracted to them and like kissing their face. It's nicer to hear. 

3. STOP TAKING MIRROR PICS
What the heck? Why do I even have to say this? Mirror pics already scream "I WANT ATTENTION", and when you're in a relationship and STILL POSTING THEM ON THE INTERNET, you clearly are not ready to be in a relationship...or on my news feed. Knock it off. Yeah, you. Stop it. It's stupid

4. Look out for the other person
If you're with someone and just trying to make sure that they make you happy, things are going to fall apart. If you're with someone who's doing the same thing, it's still going to fall apart. Relationships are supposed to be with two people who love each other, and if you love each other, you want to make the other person happy, and if you're both working to make the other person happy, then you'll both be happy! SO SIMPLE. But not. But give it a shot. If you're thinking "I'm not gonna try to make them happy because they don't/won't/can't do that for me" then your relationship is already screwed and you're clearlyyyyyy reading the wrong blog.


5. Don't try to change each other
"Maybe I'm what he needs to change."- Dumb girls

We get it ladies, you like the bad boys because you can't shut off your maternal instinct and you want to fix him and for some reason all you see is that sliver of good in that guy who treats you like crap. But seriously, DON'T DO IT. If you're going into a relationship thinking "This person can become what I'm looking for in a significant other" or "I really don't like this about them, but they'll grow out of it", YOU ARE GOING TO FAIL. People are pretty set in their ways. Yes, we should all be growing up and improving ourselves, but most people aren't, and if you're always comparing who you're with with who you're hoping they become, it's not going to be fun for either of you. And yes, relationships should be fun.


This was dumb, but I think we can all walk away saying "I didn't learn anything and I'll never get that 5 minutes back." High five!

No comments:

Post a Comment