Saturday 12 March 2011

Oh canada

OHHHHHH CANADAAAAA.... ok that's all I know of their national anthem, and to be honest, that's probably all I'll know until I die. It's not very catchy and in the 3 days I've been here no one as has asked me to sing it for them. But anyway, I'm in Canada. It's crazy. I assumed the Great White North would just be a lesser, more sucky version of the states with a lot of pale blonde people oot and aboot (nice). Some of that is accurate, but Toronto is quite possibly the coolest city I've ever been in, and this is coming from a guy who grew up within 2 hours of NYC and Boston Boston and NYC (better). It has the most open-minded music scene ever and it creates the coolest community of musicians I've ever seen.

 I got to eat with the President of Sennheiser Canada, an independent Marketer for Sennheiser who's also written 3 books (about as many as I've read in my life) and a Producer who told us his favorite artists to work with were David Bowie and Celine Dion. Pretty unreal. Also, when I looked at the prices on the menu I almost had a heart attack until I realized they were treating us. Absolutely insane. But not only were these big, important people, but they were just awesome, fun people to hang out with, despite their titles and accolades. Also, Jean, the President of Sennheiser, reminds me of Gerard Butler. Not sure why. Might be the accent? But in short, Canada has been great. Paul Davidson will be playing a stripped solo show tonight and all these big people I mentioned in this blog will probably be sitting with me while we watch him. Amazing. I feel insanely blessed that music has gotten me here and brought me to this place in my life. I might be a little behind on the typical American dream of the wife, 2.5 kids, and house with a white picket fence, but man, my life is cool, and my passion and talent with music has gotten me opportunities I never would have had otherwise. God is good, and beyond good to me. I could not ask for more...


"I COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE THAN THIS TIME TOGETHER, COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE THAN THIS TIME WITH YOU!!!"

Ok shut up Edwin McCain. This trip has been amazing, my life is awesome, and Canada doesn't suck, not matter what South Park says.

No comments:

Post a Comment