Monday 14 September 2015

Girls and Football


For most of my life I've asked myself the age-old question: Do I want to date a girl that's into sports or not? Right? That question is totally age-old. Old as all the ages. I'm sure my parents spent many hours during their pre-marriage counseling wondering the same thing. How much will organized sports affect this eternal love?!

Well, if you don't know, I'm a Boston/New England sports fan living in Connecticut. Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Patriots, heck I even watch the New England Revolution soccer team (the 2 times a year they televise a game #angryemojiface.) Living in CT, you're on the front lines of the infamous Boston/New York battlefield. It's kinda the worst. So when you meet a girl here, you have a 50% chance that she hates your teams, if she cares at all. A 50% chance that when you say you like the Red Sox, she goes "EW OMG GROSS JETER IS BAE" because she doesn't know he retired (burn) and they post something like this on opening day.


I made that myself. You should be impressed. But anyway, now it's so much worse being a Patriots fan! Whether they care about sports or not, you mention Tom Brady WHO I LOVE SO MUCH and they're like "EW DIDN'T HE CHEAT OR SOMETHING" and I literally CAN'T EVEN. Like LITERALLY I will slap that pumpkin spice latte right onto your UGGs (WHO SPONSORS TOM BTW.)


Dashing. Just a stunning, handsome man. Wait, where was I? Oh right. LEAVE TOM OUT OF THIS.  You don't know he cheated. The NFL doesn't even know he cheated. Just stop, please. Say what you want about me, but leave my quarterback out of this!!!


 You probably don't even know what this meme is from!! Anyway, so these conversations have gotten old. Fast. Can I deal with a lifetime of Boston hate from the girl I'm with forever? I thought I could, but maybe I can't. But on the flip side, do I want a girl who also likes my teams? Do I actually want a girl that's going to be upset that the Red Sox pitching is SO BAD this year? Do I want a girl that's going to yell at the TV when Tukka Rask let's a stupid shot right at his chest trickle into the goal right after he basically did a headstand to stop a rocket to the net? UGH typical Rask. But I don't know that I want that either!

In truth, I don't think I want a girl that's just like me, but a girl that likes that I like what I like, and vice versa. Make sense? Like, I'm over there liking what I like and she's all like "I like that."

 I'm a pretty big personality (aka kind of annoying), so if I date someone that acts like I act and likes everything I like, the world might LITERALLY explode. Too much. Can't handle it. So I think I've found the perfect girl:

GIRL WHO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT SPORTS BUT LIKES GOING TO GAMES BECAUSE IT'S FUN AND SHE HAS A REASON TO WEAR ONE OF MY JERSEYS OR SOMETHING.

She'll watch a game with you when she has nothing better to do, but doesn't mind if you go and watch it with the guys. When your team suffers a crushing loss (like the Bruins losing the Cup to the Blackhawks on that STUPID last minute goal), she'll have the emotional stability to tell me everything will be ok and play with my hair and tell me I'm pretty. She'll be happy when I'm happy, sad when I'm sad, and she'll even be into things that I never have been into, but I like them because they make her happy. And isn't that what it's all about? Doesn't everyone want that person that cares about them so much that they want you to enjoy the things that make you happy? I think that's it. AWWWWSOCUTE. So, to all you genuine sports-loving ladies, sports haters, and sports non-carers, keep it up. Do your thing. In reality, it probably doesn't matter. But if it does, you'll figure it out. Also, I literally love everything about this picture. Everything. LITERALLY.


No comments:

Post a Comment