Wednesday 8 February 2012

"I'm a model." Yeah, OK.


I'M NOT FOOLED. If everything people say on Facebook is accurate, 83% of the females I know are models. That sounds like a dream life and all, but let's be real: people are liars. Maybe "liars" is too harsh, but "people who exaggerate what they really do to make themselves look cooler" is pretty dead on. 

I can't go an hour without hearing a girl on Facebook try to convince me she's a model, and I'll be honest, it's exhausting. I can think of 3-4 girls I know personally who have actually done some legit modeling and have the right to say that, but the rest of you need to knock it off. 

Here are two definitions of a model according to Dictionary.com

4. a person or thing that serves as a subject for an artist,sculptor, writer, etc.

or

5. a person whose profession is posing for artists or photographers.


"I totally qualify for that first one!"- Girl with wishful thinking. 
Yes, at the time the shoot is taking place, you are a model for that photographer. But if the photographer turns around when he's done with you and takes a picture of an apple, that apple is a model too. That's right, for that small moment in time you are as much of a model as a piece of fruit. DOESN'T COUNT.

Show me a pay stub or receipt for money you made modeling for someone, show me published work you've done, or show me a legit resume, and you can talk about your modeling career all day. Otherwise, please stop. Please. PLEASE.

Sorry if you're offended...ok maybe I'm not. It's not my problem if you're offended that you ARE NOT a model. Most girls aren't, and that's fine. You can still be an awesome non-model, but nothing is less awesome than trying to convince people you're something you're not. But, it's time for me to wrap this up and get back to my career as a professional musician...HA! See what I did there? Irony is funny.

STRIKE A POSE YOU ADORABLE SEAL PUP!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment